Let's start with what we don't do. We do not sell, represent or manufacture any lighting products. Our only reason for putting one fixture on a job vs. another is to meet the client's needs, desires and, of course, budget in the best way possible. As a member of the design team, we are an advocate for the client. Often we find that by hiring us to oversee the design, specification and purchasing process the savings to the client are much greater than the cost of our fees.
So how do we get started? First, we recognize that each project is unique.
In order to tailor our services for each project we will first meet with the client to determine the scope and complexity of the lighting design needs. We will then develop a fixed fee proposal that may include any or all of the services listed below.
Only need a little advice? Don't know where the project may lead? We are happy to work hourly as well.
among our list of services:
- Full lighting consultation and design services including Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, and Construction Administration
- Lighting plans including fixture designations, circuiting and controls
- Full fixture, lamping, and control specifications with cut sheets. When possible we include three manufacturers for each specification in order to ensure competitive pricing
- Custom lighting details
- Estimations of lighting costs
- Assistance with value engineering
- Energy usage calculations
- Cost payback analysis comparing either two new systems or the payback for upgrading from one existing system to a new one
- Computer or hand-drawn renderings illustrating the look of different lighting concepts
- Preparation of LEED documentation as pertaining to the lighting systems
- Computerized photometric reports showing light levels and ratios
- Analysis of existing sites for safety, performance and energy efficiency
- Peer reviews, in which we evaluate an existing lighting design plan and make recommendations
- Coordination of lighting mock ups, whether large or small
- Construction administration services including regular site visits, responding to requests for information, and final punch lists
- Final focus, aim and adjust of fixtures after client move-in