trinity episcopal church
hill swift architect
The exterior lighting for the 1893 Trinity Episcopal Church includes the lighting of primary entrances, stained glass windows and the bell tower. These lights provide a guiding light in the Midtown community and a glow of light on the stain glass windows as seen from the sanctuary interior. Sarah Gandy worked closely with the architect and a historical building consultant to ensure that the mounting of any light fixtures did not damage the 100+ year old stone exterior. In order to preserve the delicate tower spires and cross, lights were attached using specially fitted pipe rings, helpd in place by gravity, rather than penetrating the facade with any mechanical fasteners.