city of houston permitting center
studio red architects
bridges and facades
The City of Houston purchased a 1925 abandoned rice warehouse in order to transform it into a new centralized permit center. The 200,000 sq. ft. building, which includes public customer service areas, offices, conference areas, and product display space within the Green Building Resource Center, was able to retain a rustic and industrial feel throughout while incorporating modern amenities for its users and achieving design standards for LEED Gold. G2LD designed and managed all lighting throughout the interior and exterior of the space.